Multivariable Vortex Flowmeters AX2000 Series
AX2000 Series Multivariable Vortex Flowmeter incorporate azbil Group proprietary technologies and are multivariable and insertable. They measure flow rates of various fluids including liquid, gas, and steam, over a wide range of temperatures from -200 to +400 °C. These multivariable vortex flowmeters make highly accurate measurements of the flow rate of gas and superheated steam in particular.
Multivariable functionality is achieved by three built-in sensing elements, a vortex shedding flow velocity sensor, a pressure sensor, and a temperature sensor. Because they measure flow rate, fluid temperature, and fluid pressure, these flowmeters can measure the mass flow rate of various fluids including gas, liquid, and steam, by means of density compensation. In addition, because they are insertion type, these flowmeters can be attached and detached without stopping the process, thereby lowering operating costs by reducing downtime.
Inline type, insertion type
- For improved measurement efficiency and lower costs, this single unit provides the functions of four devices, flowmeter, pressure transmitter, temperature transmitter, and mass flow rate computing unit, and can output a selection of three items from among volumetric flow rate, mass flow rate, temperature, pressure, and calculated density.
- The density compensation function based on the measurement of temperature and pressure allows a highly accurate measurement of the mass flow rate.
- Even with a large pipe diameter, these insertion flowmeters can measure flow rates at a low cost.
- Combined use with a gate valve allows maintenance without stopping the process.
- Since flowmeters can be installed regardless of pipe diameter, it is not necessary to have different devices for different pipe diameters, which considerably reduces the need to stock spares.
Internal Structure of AX2000 Series Multivariable Vortex Flowmeter